Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nero 8 for under a tenner ? too good to be true!!!

Have you seen certain software, eg Nero 8, Roxio 10, selling way below their RRP prices.


These tend to be digital downloads, where you receive and email with a serial numberand a link to theTrial download.


I was taken in, and bought Nero 8 for 7.99.


Very quickly, the serial number and link were supplied in an email.


Serial number entered, and hey presto, all is fine...


Or so I thought.


When I tried to watch a DVD with Nero Vision, it needed to be activated.


No problem I thought. 1 minute later, it reports that I have a pirated serial number.


Nero will work, but only for about 30 days. After that, certain functions will become disabled.


Now, unless you have tried to watch a DVD etc with Nero Vision, you will not be aware you have a pirated serial number until Nero requests and activation.


My suggestion:


If you have bought Nero 8 at a price "Too good to be true." I would suggest to try and watch a DVD, or an AVI/MPEG movie via Nero Vision. It will require activation. If there is a problem with the serial number, Nero will advise.


Whatever you do, Nero will rquire activation after 30 days.


If you have received what a appears to be a pirated number. Contact the seller, and if that is no good. Try eBay or Paypal.


Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment