Saturday, July 24, 2010

Alternatives to Paypal!!

As a sellerI've used PayPal for years - but now I see am being ripped off in front of my very eyes, and there's nothing I can do about it! Or is there ...?


Recently I've noticed an increasing number of buyers filing non-receipt dispute claims through PayPal, and even thoughI've supply tracking information (usually Recorded Delivery) to show that the goods have actually been signed for, PayPal STILL find in favour of the buyer!! So, these buyershave the goods AND they havea full refund, which PayPal gives them without my consent, and I believe more and more buyers are cottoning on to this scam, leaving sellers powerless.


SO! I've had enough of PayPal, and am trying out some alternatives. So far I have used BACS successfully and with no hassles at all, from UK and international buyers (some overseas buyers may be charged for this, but most seem happy enoughto do so).


Another option is Nochex, where you can receive instant payments of up to 100 from non-members of Nochex, and so far so good!


There are more online payment options, such as PPPAY.com, Bidpay and Moneybookers. I've registered with each of these, but there don't seem to be so many people using them. Real shame, because these may well be far more favourable alternatives to PAYPAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment